10 Aspects Of Wolverhampton You Most Likely Did Not Already Fully Know
Hello wonderful Wolverhampton Uni students! You are most likely scanning this as you would you like to discover more about your University, right? The University has so many interesting facts and figures, you’ll probably be shocked! Our Uni has an extended history and as a consequence, a long story to be distributed to you lucky readers! Well, you’re in for a treat! So get your popcorn ready and let’s begin the countdown into the most fascinating things about Wolverhampton University!
1. The university has seven academic schools/faculties and over 380 undergraduate and postgraduate courses!
- Well that’s not a shock! Our university is just one of the biggest with 4 operating campuses when you look at the UK! This might continue steadily to grow for the future too and provide more students with an opportunity at education. Cool!
2. In October 2005 Professor Caroline Gipps became Vice-Chancellor – the university’s first female professor to become one.
- This was a massive breakthrough for ladies and influenced the near future dynamics of this university. Minus the influence of a lady being in control of or education system, that knows what our university might have been like today?
3. A £ 45 million investment in City Campus was announced in December 2012, including a new business school building!
- Yes, the University is fairly a costly build! That helps us students with education, and all sorts of the facilities it gives, including computers, lecture theatres, eating places and places for a great social gathering. The university definitely comes with the entire package and it’s all worth it!
4. In June 2008 the university gained official Fair-trade status!
- Well, I don’t know if you’ve ever noticed this, but everything the canteen along with other places, such as Starbucks offers is actually all Fair-trade branded. The University also holds a Fair-trade fortnight every year, therefore we can all raise money for the great cause!
5. The MX building was opened by Sarah Brown who was simply the wife associated with the prime minster, Gordon Brown.
- This can be a truly interesting fact. I am talking about that would have thought OUR University would be prioritized by the Prime minister’s wife of Britain! It simply shows how important our University is and exactly how much we must all be pleased with being element of it!
6. In May 2016, the university was awarded ‘Business of the Year’ at the Express & Star Business Awards.
- This just suggests that Wolverhampton University is good at what it does, including providing us with great degrees and also helping the economy thrive! That would have thought, ey?
7. You can find a total of 50 societies all run by students.
- As we know, the social side of University is about societies. But who would have thought there are plenty! This just gives a new scope for students to participate something that interests them and you might even start your personal! This number may continue steadily to expand, however it just shows how talented us students can be!
8. The university offers over 1600 places in Halls of Residence across three campuses, including over 1000 rooms with en-suite facilities.
- The University has a large cultural diversity, with many students who could be international or otherwise not local to Wolverhampton after all! All of these lucky folks are accommodated and taken good care by us! Students who live out all have positive stories to fairly share, and it definitely increases many skills!
9.The £ 26 million Millennium City Building – opened in 2003, provides over 10,000 square metres of teaching space, audio-visual equipment in most rooms, 300-seat lecture theatre, exhibition gallery, campus restaurant, and a friendly Social Learning Space.
- This is a reasonably new building and has now put into the entire beauty of Wolverhampton city campus. By taking a look at these figures, you realise how large our University happens to be. As a student there myself, I definitely feel a sense of pride being the main University.
10. A good example of alumni that features strong links aided by the University is former professional cricketer: David Carruthers.
- Well, those of you who love your sports you could know who this is certainly. It’s quite amazing to understand that our University has benefited a lot of people, and it shows people can have potential. Our large number of other famous alumni definitely reflects in our slogan ‘’The University of opportunity’’.
That’s the end of the list! There are lots of more facts it is possible to find out about, but I selected the greatest 10 for you! I am hoping you have a much better insight of how amazing our Uni is! For the present time, good luck in your studying and exams!
Do you have any more interesting reasons for Wolverhampton to fairly share? Inform us into the comments below!